Saturday, October 20, 2012

Burning Down the House

So I want to brag on my parents a bit and show the power of what can happen when wives submit to their husbands.  It has a great funny ending. Get ready.

So one day, my dad was watching some special on TV that homes should have their fire extinguishers visible and handy in case of fire.  First of all, I think all of kids were not even aware that we had one.  Being the responsible caring dad that my dad is, he asked my mom where ours was located.  She said in the closet by the kitchen.  Great, we have an extinguisher and its in a central location easily accessible.  Good enough?  Not for Big Ray.  He decided to put it in the kitchen on top of the shelf.  Super tacky.  Right when you walk in our front dour, your attention is immediately drawn to the big red  fire extinguisher.

Now, my mom is not a nagger by any means.  But this was so not attractive and even in my limited homemaking decorative skills, I would agree with her.  However, she decided it was not a fight worth picked at decided to let it go. (I think secretely hoping he would realize how tacky it was).  Well a week later, after a long record of 0 fires in our house... guess what happened?  This is my sister Heather and her friends. :)

And think... all because my mom kept her mouth shut and respected my dad! Way to go parents! P.S.  When someone's house is on fire, who thinks... lets film it!!! But hey, would not of had this good laugh if it wasn't for Kelly Baker.

No comments:

Post a Comment