Thursday, June 23, 2016

Welcome Jaylene Rae Paez!

Birth Story: It's interesting babies don't always comply with the order of your to-do list.  April 13, I had a blog post written and ready to put up on my blog.  However, the internet wasn't working that day so I didn't get a chance to post it. One hour later, I had a sharp pain in my stomach and  called Dr. Fernando and he said I should come in to get it checked out.  He noticed that Jaylene's heart beat was a little slow and sent us home with a heart beat monitor to keep an eye on it. Breddy checked it at noon and it was still a bit slow.  Dr. Fernando had us come in and when they did an ultrasound, they saw that Jaylene had the umbilical cord really tight around her neck. The pain that I felt had been a contraction and it was pulling down on Jaylene, but the cord was pulling her back up and this caused the cord to get even tighter around her neck and was affecting her heartbeat.  So after Dr. Fernando saw the ultrasound he said, "Well Jess, you will have your babies in your arms within the next hour."  And so it was! I feel like I didn't even get the chance to get scared because it all happened so fast! So about 45 minutes and a C-section later, I had Jaylene Rae Paez in my arms.  She was 7 pounds and had a full head of hair!






The last 2 months have gone by really fast.... except the nights, those seem to last forever! I was fortunate to have my mom here for a couple weeks after the birth which was a huge help as I was recovering.  Then 2 weeks ago, Josh and Heather came down and stocked my freezer with lots of meals and got some good uncle and auntie time!

Jaylene now weighs 13 lbs and we love watching her start to smile more.  Breddy is a great dad and does a great job caring for her and helping me out. We will be coming home late July and staying for a couple weeks, so if you live in our area, we hope to see you! Thank you for your continuous prayers and support! If you still haven't had enough baby pictures.... here you go!




No comments:

Post a Comment