Sunday, May 31, 2015

PLAYER OF THE WEEK: DIANNY MORONTA

Today, we have the honor of talking to star student and athlete, Dianny Moronta.  Dianny is one of the first girls in her community to go to college. She is a light in her small country community in Corocito.  Dianny was one of the first members of the varsity team and was an excellent outside hitter.  Lets take a second to hear from this weeks "Player of the Week"...

DIANNY MORONTA
Dianny(far left) serving with Dr. Fernando and Caroly

Major: Dentistry
Ministry Site: Community Health Medical Site
Sponsorship Status: Needs a Tuition Sponsor (100/mo)

What is something you have learned serving at the medical site with missionaries Rachel Snider P.A. and Fernando Gonzalaz M.D?
I have gained lots of new knowledge of medicine such as how to take someone’s blood pressure, how to take care of patients and about different medicines.  I have learned how to relate to patients better and to pray with them. 

What has college taught you?
I have learned to value all the things I have.  I have learned to become more independent.  I have a close relationship with my family, so college has helped me to defend for myself better.

What is God teaching you now?
One of the most import things that I am learning is to put everything in the hands of God. He has showed be how big his power is and that gives me strength when I think all is lost.  He has taught me that all He has for me is perfect. 
A word to your sponsors?                                                                                                                      Thank you so much for your donation to our college program. You can’t imagine how appreciative that I am.  Your donation helps me to be able to study and achieve my goals in life. I hope that God will continue to bless you and your family. Thank you so much!  
Dianny on the job!
                       
Visit the "COLLEGE SPONSORSHIP" tab to see how you can sponsor Dianny or any other of our STAR STUDENTS!                  


No comments:

Post a Comment