Sunday, May 17, 2015

PLAYER OF THE WEEK: MABELIS ACEVEDO

Over the next 4 weeks, I would like to highlight our four sponsored college students! They have done a great job and they deserved to be honored!  For these girls to earn their scholarships, they have to serve within the ministry at least 12 hours a week. Its a cool way for them to give back to the ministry and apply what they are learning in a tangible way. So, without further ado...

Player of the week
MABELIS ACEVEDO
Major: Psychology
Ministry Site: Girls Sports Site 
Sponsorship Status: Fully Covered 

What is something you have learned serving at the girls sports site with Chelsie & Jess?
I have learned no only about volleyball, but more of how we can use volleyball to teach others about God.  The thing that has really impacted me most about this site is that we all sin in different way, yet in God’s eyes, my sin is just the same as others.
Assistant Coach Mabelis serving on the states trip

What has college taught you?
One that thing that I have liked a lot is that each day, I am learning more about myself as well as others.  I also like that I can daily apply things that I learn in my psychology classes.  

What is God teaching you now?
He is teaching me to trust in him and to know that I cannot achieve things with my own strength, but with His.   I am learning to focus less on what God’s “answers” may be and focus more on adoring him. When I praise him, my strenth is renewed and my faith gets stronger. 

Any words to your sponsors?
Thank you so much for your support our college program. Thank you for your love for me because I don’t know where I would be in my studies. Without this scholarship, I would no be able to study. I have been able to move forward in my life because of your help. I have seen the hand of God in all this and without Him, all that you and I do would not be possible.  I hope that God continues to bless you and providing for your family.

If you would like to help donate to Mabelis' college fund, click the "COLLEGE SPONSORSHIP" tab above! 




No comments:

Post a Comment