Sunday, May 24, 2015

PLAYER OF THE WEEK: LOREIDY HERNANDEZ

This weeks player has been a part of VC Revolution for almost 6 years! She can jump through the roof and has a heart for her community. May I present to you this weeks all-star student...

LOREIDY HERNANDEZ
Major: Psychology
Ministry Site: Genesis Special Education
Started College: Fall 2013
Sponsorship Status: Needs a Tuition Sponsor (100/mo)


What is something you have learned serving at the Special Education ministry site?

I have learned to put myself in others shoes, no matter what their condition is. In Genesis, I have learned how to take initiative and help others when they need me. I have also learned to put everything in God’s hands. Without Him, nothing would be possible. 

What has college taught you?
In college, I have learn to prioritize the things that are most important.  I have also learned to be more independent.  This has helped me to grow as a person and it is preparing me to be a professional one day and have great success!

What is God teaching you now?
He is teaching me to have more integrity. I also want to be a more humble person.  I have also learned how important God is in our lives and the only way to Jesus is through the Father. 
Any words to your sponsors?

Thank you so much for your support our college program. I am so thankful for this huge opportunity. For me, it is a huge blessing to have your help. One day, I dream of having a good job. I know that with God, and your help, that dream will become a reality. Really, your help is a huge blessing to me. 

If you would like to help donate to Loreidy's college fund, click the "COLLEGE SPONSORSHIP" tab above! 


No comments:

Post a Comment